1. Treat the “learnerblog spaces” as “classroom spaces” — use appropriate language and don’t write things that might get you into trouble !!
2. Don’t give out or record personal information such as your phone number or home address on your blog. (It is probably not wise to give out your personal email addres either !!) REMEMBER: Your blog is a public space on the Internet and anyone, anywhere could be reading it. So….don’t share anything that you don’t want the world to know. (Check out Blogsafety)
3. Be sure that anything you write you are proud of and prepared to take responsibility for !! Your internet journal could stay around for years — what you write now could come back to haunt you in the future if you not careful about what you write. (Refer to # 1.)
4. Be aware of copyright — especially with sounds and images. Make sure what you use is copyright free !! (Just because you find it on the internet does not mean you are free to use it without permission !!) See “Copyright 1” and “Copyright 2” for more information.
5. Never link to something you haven’t read and understood completely, and is appropriate to the sort of blog this is. i.e. one for educational purposes.
6. Do not link to your personal blog/journal from your school blog; you may reveal information that you don’t want to reveal on your school blog.
7. If you want to write your opinion on a topic, make sure you’re not going to offend anyone as you write it.(Refer to #1 & #3)
8. Always check over your post for spelling errors, grammar errors, and your use of words. (HINT: Try writing in “Word” first and using the spell checker before postingn on your blog.)
9. No teacher, school, or friend “bagging” or disrespecting, organizations (eg the school), or just a general ideas in your blog. 10. Don’t write about other people without permission; if you can’t get their permission, use first names or initials only. Never share someone elses last name.
11. Keep it education-oriented. Stick to tasks set in class for journal or blog work — they will usually be far more interesting than “plans for the weekend” or diary entries about nothing !!